The letting services we offer are:
Tenant Introduction Service
- We market your property via our website, Rightmove and Zoopla (the most visited property websites)
- Arrange and accompany block viewings
- Full independent reference checks*
- Drawing up of tenancy agreements
Rent Collection Service
- Including everything above
- Collecting rent on your behalf and transferred into your desired account
- Notify you of any late payments and contact tenants to establish why
- Send out warning letters to tenants of potential implications of non-payments
- If rental protection is taken out, we can assist you in making a claim
- Send you monthly statements
Fully Managed Service
- Including everything above
- Notifying utilities of the transfer of tenant
- Biannual property inspections
- Obtaining quotes for any work that needs to be carried out
- Notifying you of any work that has been requested by the tenant
- Complimentary check out service
Solid Mortgage advice
Getting your finances in order is crucial to being a successful landlord. Many high street banks offer mortgages for buy-to-let investors, but it’s worth speaking to a professional independent mortgage broker who can offer deals you wouldn’t find on the high street. Brian Cox is teamed up with Practical Mortgage Solutions whose team of qualified advisors can point you in the right direction.
Know the legal side of things
Do you know your obligations as a landlord regarding gas safety certificates, energy performance certificates? The fire regulations and general health and safety regulations? How about tenancy deposit schemes or inventories, and this is before we’ve mentioned insurances and the law governing the letting of property. There are hundreds of things to consider before jumping in the deep end, fortunately for you Brian Cox are registered with the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) meaning they have the in-depth knowledge regarding all these issues and can assist you every step of the way.
Potential tenants come in all shapes and sizes, and while renting your property to your cousin’s friend may seem like a quick and easy solution problems can and often do arise when they have not been properly referenced. At Brian Cox we employ the services of a third party referencing company to properly vet our tenants checking their financial history and their current employment statuses. Skipping this important step could see your investment go sour very quickly.
While your tenant lives in your investment you will need to ensure that the property is correctly maintained. While most of this burden falls to your tenant to ensure the interior of the property is properly cared for. As a landlord you will be responsible for repairing or replacing items which naturally break through wear and tear. Maintaining the structure of the property is also important as any damage externally can cause damage internally which will bring the property’s value down. Regular inspections can combat this and Brian Cox’s professional in-house management team can assist you on this.