Published On: August 13th, 2012 by: Brian Cox
Research recently complied by Rightmove (www.rightmove.co.uk) shows that 2 out of 5 British homeowners decided to purchase the home they live in BEFORE they walked out of the hallway. With this in mind, it’s worth taking careful consideration of the presentation of the exterior of your property if you are considering selling. (Of course these tips work for letting as well!)
Brian Cox & Company has put together a short to do list to ensure your home is presented in the very best light:
1. Tidy the front garden – If you have a hedge or lawn in the front garden ensure that it is cut back and looking presentable, any weeds are pulled out and if necessary plant some flowers. If you have a driveway, ensure that it is free from oil stains and if possible on viewings leave the driveway clear to make the front look bigger.
2. Windows – If you have wooden frames it’s a good idea to give them a lick of paint should they have suffered from the weather. With PVC windows ensure that they are clean and of course give the actual window a wash. For viewings make sure that curtains are open to let in as much light as possible.
3. Door Number – Ensure that your door number / house name is prominently displayed so potential buyers can quickly and easily find your property.
4. Gutters – Ensure that your gutters are clear of leaves and other blockages, should it be raining when your potential viewings arrive, it won’t give a good impression should water be leaking from the gutters.
5. And finally…. Front Door – If your front door is looking tatty, a lick of paint or a new PVC door will make the property seem inviting. It’s the last thing people will see before entering so make sure that it doesn’t disappoint.
Should you want further advice, please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales/ lettings team on:
North Greenford: 020 8578 1004
Central Greenford: 020 8578 1005
Sudbury Hill: 020 8422 1007
Northolt: 020 8842 4008
Harrow: 020 8912 0006
Written by Christopher B. Foster